Archive for July 2006
1. How old were you when you started cross stitching?
Thirteen or fourteen, although I might have done small kids’ craft pieces before that.
2. Who taught you to cross stitch?
3. What inspired you to begin cross stitching?
I was forced to do it because a cross stitch project was part of Home Ec class in high school.
4. What has been your most difficult cross stitch piece?
Palace Princess, because of the vast swathes of brown.
5. Do you have friends that stitch?
6. What is your favorite stitched piece?
Don’t have one.
7. What is your favorite fabric?
I’m discovering the joys of evenweave so that’s my current favourite.
8. What is your favorite fiber?
9. What is your favorite needle?
Don’t have one; I just buy whatever’s available from Spotlight – usually Birch.
10. Do you prefer black & white or colored charts?
Coloured please, unless the symbols on the black and white chart are very large and clear.
11. How many Works In Progress do you have at this time?
Two – Palace Princess and Santa’s Treasures.
12. How many UFO’s do you have at this time?
One – a growth chart that I started more than four years ago but have yet to complete. I don’t even know where it is!
13. How many cross stitch charts/kits/mags do you own?
Too many to enumerate here.
14. How much fabric do you have in stock at this time?
Plenty of Aida, a few small swatches of evenweave from Silkweaver and a yard of Belfast linen.
15. Where is your favorite place to stitch?
In front of the TV, on the leftmost corner of the couch where the wooden armrest is big enough for me to put my magnetic chart holder and floss box. The lighting is pretty good here too.
16. What is your favorite time of day to stitch?
Usually in the morning, or late at night.
17. How many pieces have you stitched in your lifetime?
Never bothered to count.
18. Do you give your stitched pieces away?
Only if I start stitching them with the intention of giving them away. I don’t have many friends and relatives who would *want* stitched items anyway.
19. How many different fibers do you have in stock at this time?
Couple hundred DMC on bobbins, some floss from kits that I’m hoarding but don’t intend to use.
20. How many pairs of scissors do you own?
Just the one.
21. Do you use stitching enhancers (lights, scroll frames…etc)?
Yes, I use Q-snaps and a K’s Creation standard Z frame.
22. How many pieces that have been stitched but not yet framed or finished off in some other way do you have at this time? J
23. Do you have a craft/stitching room?
Nope, lack of space does not permit it.
24. Why do you stitch?
Because it’s therapeutic (though not on the eyes).
25. What is your most memorable time related to cross stitching?
The recently-ended six-stitcher round robin that drove me up the wall with all the late night frenzied stitching.